Why has HKTDC developed this Portal?
- The Belt and Road Portal (www.beltandroad.hk) is a digital information hub developed by the Hong Kong Trade Development Council dedicated to the Belt and Road Initiative launched by the Chinese Government aimed at promoting economic cooperation among countries.
- The Portal serves as a business facilitation and market intelligence platform for global businesses to seize opportunities arising from the Belt and Road Initiative through Hong Kong, a major financial, logistics, investment, trade and commercial hub.
What can I find in the Portal?
Available in English, traditional Chinese and simplified Chinese, this Portal provides a listing of service providers and information on markets, sectors, policies, project opportunities, news and analyses that can facilitate business decisions and help you connect with relevant counterparts. You will find the following information:
- Country economic profiles
- Official policy documents
- News and analyses
- Listing of investment projects
- List of Hong Kong service providers from financial, infrastructure, and professional services
- Channel to seek advisory service on investment related issues concerning the Belt and Road opportunities
- Listing of HKTDC and other events related to Belt and Road opportunities
What is HKTDC’s role in developing this Portal?
- One of our key roles is to help different parties connect with each other to do business. As Hong Kong’s trade promotion organisation with 46 overseas offices around the world and contacts with industry leaders, government organisations and industry associations, we can help businesses explore new opportunities and connect with the right partners.
- Another role is to provide relevant information and market intelligence to help businesses make important decisions.
You have a database of service providers and information on projects. Can you provide business-matching services?
- We are not involved in customised advisory, negotiation or transactional discussions. What we do is to help facilitate the initial sourcing and contact process by providing listings, information and additional reference resources.
- Visitors of this website are welcome to participate in our Belt and Road related events (please refer to the “Events” page) to acquire latest market intelligence as well as network with potential partners.
How do you select the services providers to be listed in your database and whether it is open for companies to enrol?
- Services providers are invited to list on a voluntary, non-commercial basis.
- Companies based in Hong Kong in sectors related to Belt and Road opportunities and with relevant track record or expertise are welcome to contact us (firstname.lastname@example.org) and provide in-depth information on project and market experience for consideration. Many of these companies are members of professional bodies and industry associations. As business activity increases, more information and a wider scope may be added.
What happens to my enquiry?
- If you submit an enquiry to selected service provider(s) through our system, an acknowledgment message will be shown on the webpage. Your enquiry will be forwarded to relevant service provider
If I do not hear back from a service provider, who should I contact?
- You are welcome to contact us (email@example.com), and we shall help reconfirm with the services provider on their receipt of your enquiry. However, it would be at the service provider’s own discretion to respond or not.
What happens to my request for advisory service after I submit it?
- Once you have successfully submitted a “Request an appointment” through our system, an acknowledgment message will be shown on the webpage.
- Subject to suitability and availability of the advisors, HKTDC will coordinate with relevant advisors to arrange a 45-min face-to-face meeting in Hong Kong for you and the service provider. The first 45-minute meeting under each available service area will be free of charge. Further advisory services may incur a fee quoted by the advisor(s).
Some of the project tender information is in foreign languages. Do you have translated versions?
- We do not provide translated versions, and suggest you use digital translation tools or translation services.
Are all activities under the “Events” section open for enrolment? How can I get more information if I am interested in attending?
- For HKTDC events, you can click on the events link or contact HKTDC on our hotline 1830 668 for more information. For other non-HKTDC events, you are encouraged to contact the organiser directly.
I wish to list my event on your portal. What should I do?
- Currently only our partners can list their Belt and Road-related events. If you would like to be a partner, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org